Sunday, September 16, 2012

Things that go on in my head

Some things I'm working on lately....In progress shot on a new pinup, giving a bit of insight on how I work. ( Digitally paint ) I like to make a little palette off to the side of the art so I can keep sampling it. Once the colors are all blocked in, I delete the palette, then sample the colors within the art and start tightening up the color transitions/details. Right now I'm still in the" blocking in stage".

Focusing on knocking out some art pieces out this year (and the next ) one of my goals is to put out that pinup book I've been talking about doing these past few years.


 Rough sketch, still working out the little details.  One thing I've noticed in my sketches over the years is my work is less"tight". I used to toil, hem and haw over every little line to be "perfect" in the sketch phase. I've come to discover that was only hurting my creative process (and pointed out by others) and that all these other little ideas that were waiting to pop out, may of been forgotten or lost because I was so focused on that one little pencil line. 

Keep in mind this is how I work and this doesn't apply to everyone. I've seen other artist's work and they pump out amazing work, the art is very clean in the sketch phase. This is my madness, my best way of working for me.  Thought I'd share my input because it's ok to let go and be a messy, sketchy artist. Whatever works for you. After all there's no set rules in art!