Monday, December 10, 2012

Pinup Elf


Pinup dolled up as a lil’ Christmas Elf having a little too much chocolate and some beer. Makes me want to try that combination. ;)
Did this in inks, markers, colored pencil, and acrylics.
I get requests here and there about what mediums I use when I go “all traditional” ya know. Here’s a quick laundry list of what I used for this piece. Any questions feel free to ask, I’d be more than happy to answer. Keep in mind that is in no way a set guideline. Art is about experimentation and figuring out what works best for you. 
And I’m not too proud to admit, I’m always experimenting and still figuring it out. ;)
Inks: Pentel Pocket Brush and Sakura Pigma Micron Pen size 02. I used to ink alot with a brush or other “brush” pens that are out there. I feel this one is the best for me to use when I ink. Trust me when I say it takes some practice. If you really want to try something that’s even better ink with a brush. When I do use a brush, I use a Windsor Newton Series 7 brush, I think size 2. I use some others, but at the moment my brain fails to remember… plus I don’t want to bore you.
Markers: ShinHan and Prismacolor Markers. Most of my work consists of Prismacolor makers, but I’m slowing transitioning into ShinHans. I’d say 95% of this piece is Shin Hans. And you know what? I noticed lately that when I scan my originals in, the colors are more true and need less editing. So that makes Erica one happy girl.
Colored Pencil: Prismacolor colored pencils. I use white for the highlight. I’ve tried other brands, but this is the only one that works for me. Other brands I find are just too hard on paper.
Acrylics Paint: Holbein Liquid Acrylic. I won’t use anything else. I just use a dab for highlights and it does the job. 
That is all.