Sunday, August 5, 2012

Custom Munny show at Jinxed!


The custom Munny show at Jinxed in Philadelphia was last night. It was pretty awesome seeing what all the other artists came up with on customizing their Munny. Really got the wheels turning in my head creative wise on what to do for future customs I may create. I have a blank mini Trikky that I purchased over a year ago that I’ve been wanting to customize for months now. I think it would be pretty cool to do one of my favorite comic book characters, a Barbara Gordon Batgirl! I’m already envisioning the type of pearlescent purple paint I’m going to throw down on her… 
   Anyhow I thought it would be cool to show some in progress steps I took that involved making the sugar sweet yet disturbing Munny I made. This is probably the fourth blank I ever painted, and first time customizing it.  I decided to try my hand at some Super Sculpty.  I applied the Sculpty on the hair, mouth, and buckles.  It’s my first time using the stuff and already see where I can improve ( not enough smoothing! ) but think I didn’t do bad for my first try. ;)